My name is Caroline Shedd and I am a junior at the University of South Alabama where I am studying to be an elementary teacher. I plan to graduate in the Fall of 2011. I currently work with two third graders everyday where I help them with their homework and prepare them for their tests. Even though my degree is Elementary Education, my dream is to one day teach high school Math in an ADD program that my old high school St. Paul's School offers.

Parental Involvement

I believe parental involvement is very important in the class room. I believe working together with parents or guardians will provide remarkable opportunities that would never happen with a teacher alone. When a parent or guardian participates in their child's classroom, it makes the student more interested and excited in getting involved. Also, when a parent or guardian is involved, it can also help with a student's confidence in a student's classroom. Parents/guardians working together with the teacher can help keep a student on pace with the academics, and the teacher informing the parent or guardian can reinforce what's going on in the classroom at home.